Pioneer in the application of demographics to economic and financial market forecasting and acknowledged as an important producer of ideas for client strategy for nonfinancial as well as financial entities since 1978. For comments or enquiries please feel free to contact me.
I hold an undergraduate degree in economics with honors from the University of California at Berkeley and an M.A. in Economics from the University of Michigan. I did my Ph.D. research at New York University. I was a trustee of the Population Reference Bureau (PRB) based in Washington, D.C. a member of the Executive Committee of PRB and I chaired the Investment Committee. I am currently a member of the Society of Labor Economists, the Population Association of America, the American Economic Association and the International Union for the Scientific Study of Population.
- 1973 to 1976 Senior Economist at Data Resources, Inc
- 1976 to 1977 Senior Economist at Merrill Lynch Economics
- 1978 to 1995 Senior Economist at Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette (DLJ)
- 1995 to 2000 Chief Economist at Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette (DLJ)
- 2000 till 2002 Director of the Global Demographics Project at Credit Suisse First Boston (following the merger with DLJ)
2002 till now independent consultant and worldwide speaker at conferences, seminars and private group meeting. I have done presentations before a large audience of professional and individual investors, hedge funds, life insurance companies, banks, nonfinancial companies and private groups on a wide range of subjects related to economy and/or demography.